Thursday, June 18, 2015

a waddle through my garden


Almost nothing compares to Springtime in our garden.  After the grays of winter, the yellow grass, cold nights, it's such a wonderful feeling when Spring arrives.  Our flowers burst into bloom and we always seem to find a new project around the house.  This year, it's the deck.  We've decided to make it waterproof under-neath so it has been challenging.  But finally we are on the downhill side.  I'll post pics soon.
Our plantings have been on delay but we're getting started this week.  After many years of trial and error, I think we've come up with some low maintenance yet long lasting plants that do not have to be replaced yearly.  With 2.5 acres of gardens and ponds, annuals are just not an option.What garden would be complete without hydrangeas.  You've heard about my blue ones, but competing in popularity are my oak leaf hydrangeas.  I have full size plants that reach 10 feet tall and a dwarf variety that grows under my crepe myrtles.  They provide just the right amount of green and the perfect amount of white.  The blooms last forever........through the whole summer.





 

I guess you've noticed that I'm a collector of stuff. I pick up odds and ends and use them to decorate my flower beds and pots. A few years back, a friend gave me a darling birdhouse. Since then, my son has made me a couple and I've managed to collect a few more. Of course, they become much more special hovering over a bed of roses.














No comments:

Post a Comment